Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House

Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.co.uk/

Monday 12 December 2016

My Homemade Christmas Wreath

My finished homemade Christmas wreath this year ended up so big, we can only just shut the front door! 
It's not cost a penny...all from our garden and reflecting our life here in rural North Devon. The base of my wreath is twisted dogwood stems that I wove together myself...I've used an abandoned bird's nests that I found earlier this year as my main feature, lots of greenery - no berries here as all have been eaten by the birds, which is fine - I substituted for small cider apples, added barbed wire to reflect the farming community that surrounds us, scraps of sheep's wool, pheasant and buzzard feathers, and lichen covered twigs

Welcome x
I created a second wreath as a gift for our next-door-neighbours. 
Hope you are enjoying some creative time for the festive season.